IU hosts Sam Houston State Thursday night. The No. 1 Hoosiers (2-0) are still looking to fine to their offense and find a consistent rhythm.
The Bearkats (1-1) are a bit mediocre on offense, averaging 75 points per game. They lost by five to Arkansas to start the season, but rebounded in a 82-31 drumming of Hardin-Simmons (who?). Hardin-Simmons is a D-III school, so Sam Houston should win a game against them by a wide margin.
This is the last game of the tune-up portion of the schedule. Once again, IU should cruise to an easy win. Coach Tom Crean will more than likely use a liberal rotation again to find a good balance with the teams second unit.
There are a few things we would like to see, such as:
- Yogi Ferrell to show some consistency on offense. He had an impressive season opener, but fell back to earth in his second game. We'd like to see him averaging 8-10 points per game and six or more assists. He also needs to keep his turnovers down to about two per game.
- More consistent scoring and fewer droughts. This may be nitpicking since IU is currently averaging 92 points per game. You would like to see IU hit a little higher percentage from the three point line and crash the boards better to get more second chance points.
- Maurice Creek to find his offense. This is more about the feel good story with Creek than anything else. He still has a good shot, but he needs to get more consistent. While it will be good for his career and future to get back to his old from, it would also be huge for IU if he can find his game again.
- Victor Oladipo had a nice night against North Dakota State, but has to take better shots. He isn't exactly a three point shooter, and needs to realize this. He was one-for-four the other night. He is better off driving with the ball as opposed to taking ill-advised threes. Adding a three point shot to his arsenal would be outstanding, but he's just not there yet.
This should be another easy win for IU and fans should just watch for continued improvement from the team.
We'll be live tweeting the game, so follow us on twitter @hoosiers101.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Gameday Preview: North Dakota State at IU
- Indiana University Football at Illinois: Gameday Preview
- Gameday Preview: IU Football Vs Iowa
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ms9