IU overcame a tough challenge against Georgetown tonight. The Hoosiers were dominant in overtime to defeat the Hoyas 82-72.
IU was at a disadvantage even before the game began. Despite having an appeal hearing today, the NCAA has yet to rule on the eligibility of Peter Jurkin and Hanner Mosquera-Perea. The two players are 7-0 and 6-8 respectively. Georgetown has four starters that are 6-8 or taller.
IU was still able to power past a Georgetown team that really should be ranked in the top 25 this year.
All five starters finished the game in double digits.
This was a tough road test that IU overcame. They will go home and refocus before facing Ball State in Bloomington Sunday evening.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- IU Dominates Sam Houston State, 99-45
- IU Cruises Past North Dakota State, 87-61
- IU Overcomes Slow Start to Defeat Georgia, 66-53
- IU Rolls Over Bryant in Season Opener, 97-54
- Indiana University Basketball 2012-13 Season Preview
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/n12